Nodemon is a utility depended on by over 1.5 million projects, that will monitor for any changes in your source and automatically restart your server. Perfect for development.
Swap nodemon instead of node to run your code, and now your process will automatically restart when your code changes. To install, get Node.js, then from your terminal run:
npm install -g nodemon
- Automatic restarting of application.
- Detects default file extension to monitor.
- Default support for node but easy to run any executable, such as python, ruby, make, etc.
- Ignoring specific files or directories.
- Watch specific directories.
- Works with server applications or one time run utilities and REPLs.
- Scriptable through node require statements.
- Open source and available on github.
Read the full documentation or visit the FAQ